Monday, March 3, 2008

Bring the thunder

Ok, so the weather here is getting repetitively wet. So this weekend, I escaped Quito with my roommates. We were initially going to go and play on the refugio at the base of Cayambe. That got turned around on Sat morning. Fortunately, we were able to get out to Sigsipamba to do some climbing on Sunday. The climbing was great. A big wall of limestone with great features: dihedrals, cracks, small things, big things and lots of feet to find. It was a glorious day. To add to the beauty, it was so sunny and beautiful that I actually burned the tops of my feet in my chacos!!! It made me so happy to be hot and dry! I was really glad to be back on the rocks. I hope some of my peeps back in WI will be heading out to Devil's Lake with me when I return. Hint, hint to those who know who you are.  Here is a picture of my roommate Tim working his mojo on El Cacho, 6A+.

Finished the day off with some puzzles to work on-we'll be back-and some sweet coco helado. Super chevere!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Davey... glad to see you out and exploring the outdoors.. and overall it looks like you are just enjoying yourself..you are there for work right, and getting a pay cheque too??

Anonymous said...

oi.. i just read a previous post... the great land, Australia, you know down under, is in the SOuthern Hemisphere... and we have fu!*in great beer...

Anonymous said...

Pat in San Francisco said...

I loved your blog about climbing. It made me think of El Capitan and a recent documentary that I just saw on climbing.

I took a weekend spring ramble through Marin and Sonoma counties just a few days ag0--through the vineyards with wild mustard and radish blooming, and the orchards with plum, appple, cherry trees all in flower, and then over the coastal ridge mountains on backroads from Healdsburg to Guerneville's Armstrong Redwoods via the Sweetbriar Springs Road, from Monte Rio to Occidental, and from Occidental to Bodega Bay on the beautiful Coleman Valley Road, then home through Tomales, Point Reyes Station, Inverness, and a good walk from Pierce Point out toward Tomales Point in the Park. The tule elk were out, and every thing was truly spring green.



Thinking about you, Dave, and sending every good wish,